At every event, we strive to build connections between the moving personal stories & ideas in our films and the local environmental context and action.
Our Community Partners consist of leading environmental, arts, and community organisations across the region. They bring the expertise and opportunities for our audiences to make lasting environmental change.
We collaborate with our Community Partners at the Festival and throughout the year, aiming to bring more environmental films & discussions to wider audiences and promote the ongoing work we are all involved in.
New community-led initiatives at the 2023 Festival included the Eco Fair, Repair Café, Activity Hub, Climate Café, and Beach Dook. These will now be regular features, along with a range of free activities for all ages designed to inspire & motivate attendees to take action.
How to Get Involved with the 2024 Festival
We invite all our community partners to help us spread the word out about our film screenings and events. Announce the 2024 Festival and specific screenings of choice in your August or September newsletter and on social networks.
If possible, we would also appreciate featuring the Festival in your event calendars, blog, or any other promotional platforms.
In return, we offer the following benefits:
- Your organisation name/link on our website: 'Thank You' page; and 'Take Action' page; and on your co-presented film programme's ticketing page on both our website and the Montrose Playhouse box office site.
- A shoutout in in a pre-Festival email blast and mentions on our social channels.
- Your organisation's name on the on-screen slide loop at all Festival screenings at the Montrose Playhouse in September 2024.
- Public acknowledgment as a Community Partner and co-presenter at your associated film screening.
- Opportunities to distribute your printed materials on our Community table at the Montrose Playhouse during the Festival.
- Priority registration for our popular outdoor Eco Fair on The Mall (free for charities and community groups).
- Receive 2-4 complimentary tickets for your team or for promotional giveaways (depending on the size of the theatre for the screening).
Don't hesitate to contact us to find out more
Thank You to our 2023 Community Partners!
Angus Council Waste Management | Angus Outdoor Learning | Bruce's Cycle Bothy | Buglife | Coop | The Clay Half | Climate Café | DCA Dundee Contemporary Arts | Food Life | Mens' Shed Montrose / Repair Café | Montrose Polar Bears | Moving Images Caravan Cinema | Scotia Seeds | Scottish Wildlife Trust — Montrose Basin Visitor Centre | SHE Scotland | V&A Dundee | Verdant Works
Photo credits: Graham Black, Anthony Baxter, Rachel Caplan, Montrose LandxSea Film Fest 2023.