Your chance to show your environmental film on the big screen!
Every year, we screen films from young people who are actively protecting our planet and getting involved in filmmaking.
Enter the Young Filmmaker Competition to win cash prizes and a special screening of your film at LandxSea Film Fest in September 2024. From recycling to biking to growing a garden, show us how you're making a difference. Whether it's through a documentary, a narrative, or an animated piece, show us your unique perspective on environmental action.
The contest is open to young filmmakers age 18 and under. It is free to enter and there are no restrictions on length, style, genre, or how many entries you may submit. You can be living anywhere in the world to enter the competition.
Ready to make a difference? Enter your film today!
Film Entry Deadline: 22nd April 2024
How to Enter
- Choose an environmental topic - such as zero waste, sustainable travel, renewable energy or nature.
- Create a short video that shows how you are making a difference.
- Upload your video to YouTube or another platform such as Vimeo, Facebook etc.
- Fill out the online Entry Form before 22nd April with the link to view your film.
Films can be entered by filmmakers in the following categories: Primary School or Secondary School
Films will be reviewed by our panel of judges and the winners are the highest scoring films in each category and will be screened at the Montrose LandxSea Film Fest in September 2024. The best overall film will receive £150 cash prize and our Young Filmmaker Award!
The Finalists will be announced in August.
1 February: Film submissions open
22 April: Deadline to enter & upload your video
1 July: Finalists notified
13-15 September: Film screening in Montrose LandxSea Film Fest
Here are Some Ideas for Your Environmental Action
We want to know what you’re doing to make your community greener!
- Zero Waste: How are your helping to meet the goal of sending zero waste to landfill? Are you reducing, reusing, recycling, or composting? Share your ideas!
- Sustainable Travel: Show us ways to achieve sustainable travel — or tell us how you're already making it happen. Are you switching from cars to walking, biking, or taking public transit?
- Renewable Energy: We all want cleaner, greener, electricity. How are you supporting the move to renewable energy. Are you installing solar panels or finding ways to reduce your energy use?
- Nature: Let us see how you're helping to protect our green spaces. This could be through planting trees, caring for your garden, or protecting local parks and natural areas.
Need More Inspiration?
Explore Into Film's guides and resources for young people on how to make a short movie that can change the world!
Terms & Conditions
- To qualify, the film's director must be age 18 or under on 15 September 2024.
- LandxSea reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project submitted.
- LandxSea will accept films created in any media format.
- By entering a film, the filmmaker agrees that all rights and clearances have been obtained, that any copyrighted sound, music, image or content included in the work have been legally cleared for use, and that LandxSea is not responsible for any copyright infringement resulting from public screenings.
- By entering a film, you acknowledge LandxSea has the right to copy any submitted material and use images and trailers for LandxSea’s non-commercial use. Promotional use may include a clip of any accepted film being included in a radio or TV programme, or in a festival trailer for Montrose LandxSea Film Fest.
- By submitting the film entry form, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of LandxSea.
Questions? Please contact us at [email protected]