We're thrilled to include your film in the programme for the first-ever Montrose LandxSea Film Fest. Below is vital information about participating in the Festival.
- Screening Formats
- Publicity Materials
- Promotion & Outreach
- Festival Laurels
- Passes & Parties
- Contact Us
The version of your film for screening at the Festival. All dialogues must be in English or have English subtitles.
Preferred Format: DCP
Additional Formats: Digital file e.g. MP4, H264, .MOV, Pro Res. Please send these file types to us ASAP as we will need time to ingest the files into our DCP hard drive and test them in the theatre.
Note: We regret that we cannot show DVD or BluRay formats, but talk to us in advance and we’ll figure out how to get screen your film, regardless of format.
Shipping Address for physical DCP:
Matt Buchanan, Venue Manager,
The Montrose Playhouse,
Email address for digital materials/links:
[email protected] (please include your film title in the subject line) or share with us via Dropbox.
To ensure your film shines at our festival both on-screen and in related marketing and publicity materials, please provide the following:
Publicity Materials Deadline: As soon as possible.
Programme Announcement: 7th August - full announcement press release and box office launch.
- Film still photos in high resolution
- Film Information & Director’s bio & headshot
Optional (if available):
- Link to online press kit
- Film poster
- Links to trailers & clips
- Screener link for press
Email address for digital materials or links: [email protected] (Please include your film title in the subject line)
Shipping Address for posters:
Matt Buchanan, Venue Manager,
The Montrose Playhouse,
- 3-4 high-res images for publicity purposes. Largest files possible for print use.
- Include any required photo credits.
- Also send film poster artwork if available.
- Note: images may be used on the festival’s materials, website, social media.
BIO & FILM INFORMATION
- Director’s headshot photo, if available.
- A short bio on yourself, any interesting background on the film, and any connections to Montrose or the Angus region in Scotland.
- Links to any film reviews, press interview, awards, or notable screenings.
- If available, links for any ‘Call to Action’ or online resource guide.
- Social media links and hashtags, if available.
TRAILERS & CLIPS (optional for short films)
- Link to your online trailer (Vimeo, YouTube etc.), or send us a digital file we can upload.
- If available, broadcast-quality trailers or clips (2-3 minutes) suitable for TV publicity.
- Note: trailers or clips may be used on the festival website or social channels for promotional purposes.
SCREENERS FOR PRESS (optional)
- Link to an online screener for press use would be appreciated, if available.
Want to contact our Festival Publicists?
If you have Press contacts or leads, please contact our publicist Ruth Marsh at +44 (0)7824 468 396 or email [email protected]
We announce the programme for the 1st Montrose LandxSea Film Fest on 8th August. Help us spread the word!
Use hashtag #LandxSeaFest and tag @LandxSeaFest, and we'll re-post and tag you back.
We're thrilled to screen our new film at the 1st @LandxSea Fest, 15-17 Sept! Explore an inspiring lineup of environmental films and engaging discussions at landxsea.org. Join us for this cinematic celebration! #LandxSeaFest
Suggested Facebook post:
We're honoured to participate in the inaugural Montrose LandxSea Film Fest, 15-17 Sept! Experience three days of groundbreaking environmental films, insightful discussions, and special events at the Montrose Playhouse. Discover a stunning lineup and grab your tickets at www.landxsea.org.
Festival Trailer: Share from YouTube
Social Media Cards: Festival graphics can be found here.
Want to know more about the Fest? Visit our FAQ.
Please add to your film's materials and website!
Download the Black or White versions here,
or ask us if you need an InDesign file.
Fest Pass and Welcome Pack Collection
If you're joining us in Montrose, your welcome pack can be picked up starting 15th September at the box office and includes a VIP Pass good for all screenings and events, including the Opening Night VIP Reception & Premiere and the screening of your film.
Festival Venue & Box Office
The Montrose Playhouse | Cinema and Arts Venue
The Mall, Montrose, DD10 8NN, Scotland, UK
Tickets to the Screening of Your Film
Please let us know in advance if you need guest tickets for the screening of your film so we can hold the appropriate number of seats in the theatre. Tickets are complimentary and vary depending on the theatre size. For admission to any film, you MUST have a pass or ticket.
£25 Opening Night (VIP Reception & Premiere)
£5 Regular film screenings
£25 Weekend films pass (Saturday & Sunday)
£50 full-festival pass (includes Opening Night)
Ticket Purchase: Box Office or +44 (0)7395 071 636
Passes can be purchased from the Montrose Playhouse box office in person or by phone.
RECEPTIONS AND MORE...
We're still adding a few social events, current invitations include:
Friday, 15th Sept:
6:30pm Opening Night VIP Reception and UK Premiere of THE GOLDEN THREAD
Sunday, 17th Sept
10:30am Montrose Beach Dook - bring your swimsuit!
7:00pm Closing Night UK Premiere & Wrap Party: PATRICK AND THE WHALE
Rachel Caplan, Festival co-producer
+44 (0)7305 583 951
Thank you, we can’t wait to share your film with our LandxSea audience!